« All Events
Rare Disease Day Celebration 2019
February 27, 2019 @ 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Association Linked: University of Michigan and Lipodystrophy United
- Date: 27/02/2019-27/02/2019
- City: Ann Arbor
- Address: Brehm Center for Diabetes (1000 Wall Street)
- Email: [email protected]
- Description of the event: Join us at the University of Michigan’s Brehm Center for Diabetic Research as we discuss bridging the gap between health and social care. We will providing an update on the recent exciting findings in the lipodystrophy field, lecturing on why nutrition is a central component in treating lipodystropy and providing a platform for patients to express their struggles and challenges with lipodystrophy.Our event will have speakers that will cover topics such as reviewing how clinical trials are conducted overall and how they are different from normal clinical care, explaining the expanded access/compassionate use process and what it entails, and defining the patient-centric view of the current lipodystrophy care delivery model and what we can do to close the gap within it.
- The event will start at 4:00 PM and is expected to end at 8:00 PM. Dinner will be provided.