An Intensive Two-Day Conference Convening International Experts at the Forefront of Research and Treatment of Bone Marrow Failure Disease
You are cordially invited to attend the International Bone Marrow Failure Disease Scientific Symposium 2018. This symposium will bring together physicians treating these diseases and laboratory researchers studying the immunology and cell biology of bone marrow failure disease to:
- Discuss current areas of controversy
- Share recent research results
- Propose specific recommendations for the highest priority directions for basic and clinical research needed to advance the field of research
Once thought of as distinct, aplastic anemia, myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS), and paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) are now believed to be linked by similar pathophysiologic pathways.
With exciting new developments in the treatment of these diseases and new insights into the molecular pathogenesis of the diseases, AAMDSIF is coordinating this symposium to explore opportunities for collaborative research.
The symposium program has been designed to address the most up-to-date issues in each topic area and to encourage participant interaction. Each session includes presentations
by experts in the field followed by open discussion.
- Genetics and Bone Marrow Failure
- Treatment Options for Aplastic Anemia: Are We Ready for Precision Medicine?
- Biology of MDS and Secondary Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Non-Transplant Treatments for MDS and Secondary AML
Poster session and networking opportunities are included in the program.