The COVID-19 pandemic, and its resulting moratorium on in-person meetings, has unequivocally affected nonprofit fundraisers taking place through events like golf tournaments, galas, and conferences. This is true of our rare disease member organizations, especially the 30% of our members who have an annual revenue stream of under $75,000. The organizations that serve over 25 million Americans living with rare diseases find themselves in a crisis to fund their mission and keep their doors open. NORD’s COVID-19 Rapid Response Program for our member organizations helps the rare disease community face and better cope with these new challenges. As part of this multi-faceted program, we are providing seed grants for NORD member organizations.
Seed Grants for NORD Member Organizations
NORD’s COVID-19 Rapid Response Seed Grants Program is an exclusive funding opportunity for NORD member organizations. NORD will provide critical funding of up to $15,000 as a stop-gap measure to support patient nonprofit organizations with the burden of COVID19-related lost income.
- US-based NORD member organizations can apply for $5,000-$15,000 to help keep their doors open
- Grants to include funding for expenses associated with services including but not limited to:
- Virtual tools/software platforms
- Development staff training on fundraising during a crisis
- HR-related training for organizations struggling with telework, etc.
- Consulting on relevant development, technology, communications or human resources
- Funding must be used in 2020
|Program Opens||June 16|
|Application Deadline||July 3|
|Applications Reviewed by Grant Committee||July 15|
|Applicants Notified and Announced at Living Rare, Living Stronger||July 18-19|
|Grant Outcomes Report||December 1|