Membership on the Council reflects a commitment to the identification, treatment, and cure of rare disorders through programs of education, advocacy, research and service.
The Council also provides unique opportunities for companies to engage with the rare disease community, not only with the patient advocacy organizations that constitute NORD’s members, but also with top scientific, clinical, and policy experts and leaders in the worldwide rare disease community.
The NORD Corporate Council has three special areas of focus:
– Policy and Regulation
– Patient Access and Reimbursement
– Research and Intelligence
Learn more about the benefits of Corporate Council membership>
- Proof of tax-exempt status pursuant to Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, proof of filing for 501(c)(3) tax exempt non-profit status or documentation of status for international organizations.
- A copy of your organization’s dated by-laws, showing that your mission and programs compatible with NORD’s goals of being patient-centered, and advocating on behalf of patients in the rare disease community.
- Names and addresses for your Board Members (NORD requests that members have at least 5 members of the board that meet at least twice annually; either in-person of by conference call). A committee structure for the board is recommended.