NORD Logotypes & Word Mark Usage Policy
This policy provides our requirements regarding use of the National Organization for Rare Disorders (“NORD”) word marks and logotypes (this includes but is not limited to the “NORD” logo, its variants, and all NORD sub-brands, event logos and variants). NORD, and its sub branded word marks, logos, slogans, copyrighted designs or other brand features of NORD are available for use or download on the NORD website.
The NORD word marks, sub brands and logos are the sole and exclusive property of NORD. Your use of any word mark and/or logo implies acceptance of, and agreement with, the terms of this policy. If you do not accept and agree to follow the rules as set out in this policy, you do not have the right to use the word marks and/or logos and are prohibited from using them. Any use of NORD word marks and/or logos not in compliance with this policy is not authorized. If you violate the rules in this policy, you must cease and desist from all use of any NORD word marks and/or logos, regardless of the uses otherwise allowed in this policy. In addition, NORD reserves the right to revoke its approval of your use of the word marks and/or logos at any time.
Logo Policy Reminder
As the need to address future branding concerns arises, we may cancel, modify, or change the terms of this policy without notice to the logo user (“You”). You are responsible for complying with any modified terms, so please review this policy and become familiar with any modifications we publish.
Registered Trademark Statement & Brand Guidelines
Any mention of NORD (or show a NORD logo) in a publication, website or promotional item will need to have a registration mark ®. Please state at the bottom or back of piece: “NORD and the NORD logo are registered trademarks of the National Organization for Rare Disorders. NORD is a registered 501(c)(3) charity.”
Download the NORD Brand Guidelines.
NORD Owned Word Marks
NORD® tagline: “Alone we are rare. Together we are strong.®” is a registered trademark of the National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD).
• Handprints Across America®
• RareAction Network® (no space between RareAction)
• Running for Rare® (text and its logo)
• State Report Card® (and logo)
NORD Sub Brands
Rare Action Network® is a registered trademark of the National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD).
Download NORD’s Rare Action Network logos.
NORD’s Breakthrough Summit® is a registered trademark of the National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD).
Download NORD’s Rare Summit logos.
Rules for Using the NORD Word Marks and/or Logos
Permission is granted to you to use the NORD word marks and logos only under the following terms and conditions:
- NORD’s logos and word marks are for non commercial use only. Usage of NORD’s logos and word marks for commercial sales, individual fundraising or organizational fundraising is strictly prohibited unless otherwise expressed in writing by an authorized agent of NORD.
- Word marks and logos may not be used in an ambiguous way as described herein:
• No word mark and/or logo may be used in any way that suggests that NORD is affiliated with, sponsors, approves or endorses you, your organization, your websites, your products or your services.
• No word mark and/or logo may be used in any way that mischaracterizes any relationship between you and NORD.
• Vendors may not use any word marks and/or logos to advertise NORD or its members as clients on industry or vendor websites and promotional pieces without NORD’s written permission, and which must be requested in writing.
- All NORD’s logos are distinctive, designed pieces of graphic artwork, owned by NORD. The following usage guidelines must be followed:
• Do not modify or alter the logos
• Do not change scale, skew or rotate any logo
• Do not change the design of any logo
• Do not change or vary the colors of any logo
• Avoid screening logos
• Do not shrink any logo to less than 1 inch in width or height
• Do not combine a logo with any other design, trademark, graphic, text or other element, including your name, any trademarks or any generic terms
• No other design, trademark, text, graphic or other element may be placed closer to a Logo without first meeting the clear space requirements found in the NORD Brand Guidelines
• Logos may only be placed on solid backgrounds (preferably white) unless approved by NORD, and not over an image or pattern (unless approved by NORD)
• No artistic effects (such as drop-shadows, gradients or embossing) may be applied
- No word mark or logo may be used or displayed in any of the following ways:
• In any manner that, in the sole discretion of NORD, discredits NORD or tarnishes its reputation and goodwill
• In any manner that infringes, dilutes, depreciates the value, or impairs the rights of NORD in the word marks and/or logos
• In any manner that is false or misleading
• In connection with any pornography, illegal activities, or other materials that are defamatory, libelous, obscene, or otherwise objectionable
• In any manner that violates the trademarks, copyright, or any other intellectual property rights of others
• In any manner that violates any law, regulations, or other public policy
• In any manner as part of a name of a product or service of a company or organization other than NORD
- All goodwill generated by the use of any word mark and/or logo inures to the benefit of NORD.
- You may not assert rights to any NORD word mark and/or logo whether by trademark registration, common law ownership, domain name registration or anything else.
- You must, if requested from NORD, provide samples of any materials that include the NORDword marks and/or logos for purposes of determining compliance with this policy
- You must make any change(s) to your use of the word marks and/or logos that are requested by NORD
- Your download and use of the logos is subject to the NORD Site Terms
- Partners who have agreements with NORD must comply with the terms of their agreement in addition to this policy
NORD Owned Logos
When downloading and displaying the NORD logos, user agrees to terms outlined in NORD logo policy stated. For alternate, additional file formats or logo variations, please contact NORD: [email protected]