NORD is the Official U.S. Sponsor of Rare Disease Day. Our efforts in the United States would not be possible without the generous support of individuals and organizations. Your donations help NORD to host this campaign each year and to provide resources for the rare disease community in the U.S. to take part in. For more information about how you can support Rare Disease Day in the United States, read more below.
If your company or organization is interested in being a sponsor for Rare Disease Day in the United States, please reach out to NORD’s Vice President of Development, Alexa Moore, at [email protected].
Your donations help NORD to host this campaign each year and to provide resources for the rare disease community in the U.S. to take part in. Make a donation here.
Individuals and groups often host fundraisers for NORD on behalf of Rare Disease Day. Interested in spreading social awareness while also fundraising for NORD? Use the instructions and tips below to host a Rare Disease Day Facebook Fundraising for NORD. For more information about fundraisers outside of Facebook, please contact NORD’s Development team at [email protected].
How-To Set Up a Facebook Fundraiser
- Visit https://fb.com/fund/NationalOrganizationforRareDisorders
- Click the Raise Money button
- Set a goal that you think is attainable
- Set an end date of February 28, 2019 – Rare Disease Day!
- Describe why you’re supporting NORD on Rare Disease Day
- Create your fundraiser
Tips for Facebook Fundraisers
Once you’ve launched your fundraiser, make it successful with these five tips:
- Spread the word! Invite your friends to join your fundraiser and share information about it on your page regularly.
- Make it personal! Think about and share your personal story and motivation to fundraise for NORD.
- Up the ante! Increase your goal amount if your fundraiser is doing well.
- Match the goal! Consider working with your friends and family by making a matching gift.
- Thank your friends! Thank each donor, share progress updates tagging friends, and send private messages to say thank you.