COVID-19 Rapid Response Leadership Series
NORD stands in solidarity with the rare disease community and extends support to individuals and nonprofit organizations impacted by COVID-19, directly and indirectly. Through our work with nearly 700 leaders in our network of over 300 rare nonprofits, we understand the unique, critical support these patient organizations provide for over 25 million Americans impacted by rare disease.
About NORD’s COVID-19 Rapid Response Leadership Series
NORD has developed a multi-faceted program to support patient organizations through providing education, training and resources to help with the additional challenges brought on by this pandemic. Topics covered in this program are informed by NORD’s expertise in capacity-building and nonprofit management, input from member organizations in NORD’s closed Facebook group, and direct outreach. A critical component of this program is the timely cultivation and delivery of resources to ensure rare disease organizations remain solvent in this time of crisis.
Seed Grants for NORD Member Organizations
NORD’s COVID19 Rapid Response Seed Grants is an exclusive funding opportunity for NORD Member organizations. NORD will provide critical funding of up to $15,000 as a stop-gap measure to support patient nonprofit organizations with the burden COVID19-related lost income.
Learn more >
COVID-19 Rapid Response Videos
Many patient organizations rely heavily on in-person fundraising events and activities to sustain their operating costs. It can be time-consuming and overwhelming for organizations to independently adjust their goals and fundraising strategies in the midst of a global public health crisis. We have cultivated content and identified experts to address these issues, working to ensure that rare disease patient organizations have timely access to this vital content that will help to ensure they maintain viability.
Upcoming Rapid Response Videos:
Downloads and Resources
- Transitioning to Virtual Events: Considerations from NORD (on-demand webinar)
- Transitioning to Virtual Events – Considerations from NORD (Slide Deck)
- Fundraising in a Pandemic (on-demand webinar)
- Fundraising in a Pandemic Webinar (Slide Deck)
- Fundraising in a Pandemic – Online Audit Checklist
- Fundraising in a Pandemic – Audio Transcript
- Crisis Communications: COVID-19 and the Future (closed captioned on-demand webinar)
- Crisis Communications Webinar (Slide Deck)
- Leader Roundtable: Virtual Platforms for Engagement (on-demand webinar)
- Leader Roundtable: Virtual Platforms for Engagement (audio transcript)
NORD hosts monthly members-only webinars bringing expert speakers and fellow rare disease executive directors together to speak on capacity-building on topics like Board governance, fundraising, and working with a medical advisory board. Past webinars include:
NORD COVID-19 Nonprofit Webinars
NORD’s Membership Team has opened access to its monthly members-only webinars to all during this time of crisis; these recent presentations include:
- Fundraising: Building your Case with Foundations and Industry
- Activating Your Medical Advisors for COVID19 Response
- Activating Your Medical Advisors for COVID19 Response (Slide Deck)
COVID-19 Rapid Response Leadership Series program(s) were made possible by generous donations. Thank you to our sponsors.Learn more >