Help getting Caregiver Aid
Caring for a loved one demands significant amounts of time, attention, patience and dedication.Our Respite Program provides financial assistance to enable caregivers a break to attend a conference, event or simply have an afternoon or evening away from caregiving.
How to apply
Awards are granted on a first come, first served basis to eligible individuals. There is no fee to apply.
Contact a Patient Services Representative at 203.616.4328 or email [email protected].
Who is eligible?
The caregiver must:
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident of the United States for at least six months with evidence of residency.
- Undergo a financial evaluation of need to determine if they fall within the program’s financial eligibility guidelines.
- Provide care for an individual with a confirmed rare disease diagnosis.
What care may be covered?
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Home Health Aide (HHA)
- Non-professional caregiver