Oct. 12, 2015
Posted by Jennifer Huron
Date: February 29, 2016
Global Theme: Patient Voice
Global Slogan: Join us in making the voice of rare diseases heard
By definition, each rare disease affects a small segment of the population, yet combined the 7,000 known rare diseases affect 30 million people – that is 1 in 10 of us. Many Americans do not realize how common rare diseases are and that our community has tremendous unmet medical needs. On February 29, join together to raise your voice and make the voice of rare diseases heard.
- Sign up to be a Rare Disease Day Partner and receive official updates (individuals and organizations welcome)
- Share your plans and photos with the worldwide hashtag #RareDiseaseDay
- Request a Rare Disease Day proclamation from your elected officials
- Support State House Events by signing up to participate in your state or with a donation – let’s make sure patients in every state have a voice this year
- Incorporate Rare Disease Day into school settings for students of all ages, from kindergarten to medical school
- Partner with a local hospital to set up an awareness display in the lobby
- Get excited by reliving what we accomplished together in 2015
Questions? Planning an event? We want to hear from you! Contact us via email at [email protected].
NORD is the official U.S. sponsor and host of Rare Disease Day. Learn what this means and about what we do. Join us in spreading hope and understanding today by raising your hand to support everyone touched by rare diseases. Thank you for your support!